HEALTHY RECIPE FOR JUNE
Bragg’s Orange Cashew Tofu . . . Santa Barbara Favorite
Since 1912, Santa Barbara’s Bragg has been making wellness easier, smarter, and more accessible for people everywhere. In other words, they believed in healthy living long before it was cool. Rather than chasing trends, Bragg uses real food to deliver time-tested benefits.
If you haven’t tried their Liquid Aminos, you’re in for a real treat. Similar to soy sauce, this all-purpose seasoning is made with zero gluten, GMOs, or artificial coloring. From salads to soups to savory meat dishes, it’s one of our favorite go-tos.
Naturally, Liquid Aminos are a perfect partner for Asian-inspired dishes too. We love this recipe for Orange Cashew Tofu from Bragg — it takes less than 30 minutes to prepare, but it’s guaranteed to impress everyone at your table:
For the Coconut Rice:
1/2 cup white rice, rinsed
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup vegetable broth
1/2 teaspoon salt
For the Crispy Tofu:
16 ounces extra firm tofu
1/4 cup cornstarch
2 tablespoons avocado oil
Pinch of salt
For the Orange Sauce:
1/3 cup Bragg Liquid Aminos
1/4 cup Sriracha
1/3 cup orange juice
3 teaspoons rice vinegar
2 teaspoons avocado oil
2 teaspoons sesame oil
2 tablespoons coconut sugar
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons ginger, minced
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons water
1/2 cup cashews
1/4 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
1. Add rice, coconut milk, vegetable broth and salt to an Instant Pot. Close the lid and set to ‘Rice’. Cook on high pressure for 8minutes. Keep warm for 5-8 minutes before releasing steam. Fluff up rice with a fork.
2. Cut tofu into three slabs. Wrap in paper towels, press between two plates and release excess water for about 15 minutes.Cut slabs into cubes. Add cornstarch to a plate and coat each evenly with the cornstarch.
3. Add avocado oil to a skillet over medium heat. Add the tofu and cook until browned on each side. Remove from heat, drain on paper towels and season with salt.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together liquid aminos, sriracha, orange juice, avocado oil,sesame oil, coconut sugar, garlic, ginger,sesame seeds. Add to a skillet on low heat and bring to a simmer. Add cornstarch and water mixture to the skillet and cook until sauce is thickened, about 1-2 minutes more.
5. Add the cashews and cauliflower to the skillet and cook for 2 minutes. Sir in the tofu.
6. Serve over coconut rice and garnish with mint.